sdo message

Subject: New ISSUE: Remove deprecated DataObject.getProperty(String) method

Similar to ISSUE 141 (remove deprecated Sequence.add methods),
DataObject.getProperty is another method that was added in 2.0 and then
deprecated in 2.1, so we're safe to remove it now. Ron, can you please
open an issue for this, so we can hopefully resolve it next week?

Thanks,
Frank.

PROPOSAL:

Remove the following lines from DataObject.java:

  /**
   * @deprecated replaced by {@link #getInstanceProperty(String)} in 2.1.0
   */
  Property getProperty(String propertyName);

Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
01/08/2009 11:22 AM

sdo@lists.oasis-open.org
cc

Subject
[sdo] ISSUE 141: Proposed Resolution

Hi Guys,

As promised, here is the proposed resolution (for approval in next
Tuesday's call) for http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/SDO-141

I noticed that in the spec documents, there is no mention of the
deprecated Sequence.add() methods, so the only required change is to
simply remove the 2 methods from the Java interface.

Thanks,
Frank.

PROPOSAL:

Remove the following lines from Sequence.java:

  /**
   * @deprecated replaced by {@link #addText(String)} in 2.1.0
   */
  void add(String text);