sdo message

Subject: Re: [sdo] RFC2119 Language review (part 1)

Hello,

I have reviewed chapter 4, the attached document contains my comments.  I based my comments on the document Bryan sent out.

How many compliance points are we targeting?  It is easy to imagine having at least one compliance point per method, (more if you cover negative cases and inputs).

-Blaise

Bryan Aupperle wrote:
OFFDD34C38.B40F4D75-ON85257617.006E514F-85257617.006F9809@us.ibm.com" type="cite">
I have reviewed section 4 through section 4.10 (a 3 to 4 hour effort)

Ron, you have made a great start on this and my comments/changes reflect the perspective I have gained going through the same effort in various SCA TCs.

I have tried to do several things.
1) Make the subject of every normative statement either an SDO implementation or a specific method.
2) Change "throw an exception" to "raise an error" - This is consistent terminology as has been used in the SCA Assembly and Binding specs.
3) Add labels for MAY statements that are truly normative
4) Reword MAY statements that are not proper use of MAY
5) Reword statements with "required" since REQUIRED is a keyword.
6) Add missing MUST statements (such as an implementation MUST raise an error when name conflicts are detected).

I have done my best not to change any meanings, but I do not guarantee that I have not missed some subtlety or another.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com