sdo message

Subject: Fw: [sdo] C++ Issues (part 2)

This draft contains proposals for the issues in category 3 below.

Issues 84, 102, and 104 const and & additions to member function parameters and/or return types as appropriate.
Issue 106 is addressed by marking member functions themselves as const.
Issue 109 is addressed by making size and index parameters of type size_t instead of unsigned int.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM on 04/16/2010 01:41 PM -----
From: Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To: sdo@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 04/13/2010 12:35 PM
Subject: [sdo] C++ Issues

I have been reviewing the JIRA issues for the C++ spec. (there are 6 open issues and 19 new ones, and 1 I suspect was closed by mistake in January).

These fall into 4 categories:

1) Those fixed when I did the split and prepared WD 03 (removing inconsistencies between the C++ and Java specs and adding all the 2.1 member functions for the classes listed in the 2.1 spec)

2) Adding classes and member functions missing in 2.1 for completeness and consistency with Java and other missed Java 2.1 changes and some return type errors

3) Language use problems

4) Topics that need thought/discussion (I do not believe that any of these would require changes to the core spec.)

The specific issues in each category:

1) 59, 80, 105, 107, 108, 110 and 112 - all but 80 need to be opened.

2) 42, 57, 86, 87, 88, 100, 101, 113 and 117 - 100 was closed in January as fixed, I am not sure why; 86, 87, 88, 101,113,  and 117 need to be opened

3) 84, 102, 104, 106,  and 109 - all but 84 need to be opened

4) 48, 51, 89, 92, 111 - 89, 92 and 111 need to be opened

This draft contains proposals for the issues in category 2:

Each change has a comment indicating the associated issue.

Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com[attachment "sdo-cpp-3.0-spec-wd03+proposals.doc" deleted by Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM]