sdo message

Subject: Already fixed C++ issues

Last week we started to talk about some C++ issues that were fixed when the specs were split into a core spec and language specific specs.  I provided a list of those based on my notes/analysis.  Upon rereading the issues in question, I noticed that Issue 110 is mis-categorized and should not have been included in my list.

Here is the list I of issues I identified in the call and a summary of why I believe each can be resolved as fixed.

59        Are references to EMOF appropriate in the C++ spec?
Removed from core spec (Issue 1) and removed from C++ spec in split.

78        Resolve differences in DataFactory/TypeHelper between C++ and Java
Split removed differences.  This change breaks backward compatibility but removes a major difference between C++ and Java.

80        C++ specification does not list complete API
Split included all member functions for classes in the 2.1 specification.

105        DataObject::getChangeSummary() clarification
Issue points out an API problem.  API problem was fixed in 2.1 version of the API header files but not the specification. When the API listing in the split specification was built from the header files, this problem was fixed in the specification.

107        C++ spec should define HelperContext for consistency with Java spec
Split added HelperContext (part of resolving the heller differences in issue 78).

110        Clarification of Sequence::setXXX and ordering
Not fixed, and not C++ specific; consider changes in core specification.

112        Update definition of int*_t types in spec to match headers
When the API listing in the split specification was built from the header files, this problem was fixed.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com