sdo message

Subject: AW: ISSUE 41: Discussion and Proposals

Hi Everyone,

Here’s another pass at  a resolution:

/*

* Copyright(C) OASIS(R) 2005,2010. All Rights Reserved.

* OASIS trademark, IPR and other policies apply.

*/

package org.oasisopen.sdo.annotations;

import java.lang.annotation.ElementType;

import java.lang.annotation.Retention;

import java.lang.annotation.RetentionPolicy;

import java.lang.annotation.Target;

@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)

@Target(ElementType.PACKAGE)

public @interface SdoXmlSchema {

        public enum XsdForm {QUALIFIED, UNQUALIFIED};

        XsdForm elementFormDefault() default XsdForm.UNQUALIFIED;

        XsdForm attributeFormDefault() default XsdForm.UNQUALIFIED;

}

Based on last weeks’s discussion, the proposal is now to add the following annotation (changes in bold)

/*

public @interface SdoSchemaOptions {

        public enum XsdForm {QUALIFIED, UNQUALIFIED};

        XsdForm elementFormDefault() default XsdForm.UNQUALIFIED;

        XsdForm attributeFormDefault() default XsdForm.UNQUALIFIED;

}

Here is the proposed wording:

3.7.5 @SdoXmlSchema

If the @SdoXmlSchema annotation is present as part of a package information file and sets either the attributeFormDefault or elementFormDefault to “qualified”, then

1.      When the “uri” member of the @SdoXmlProperty annotation is absent, set to an empty string, or when the @SdoXmlProperty annotation is absent, then a Java implementation of SDO MUST render all corresponding properties qualified with the URI specified by the @SdoUri annotation or derived by the package name,  as specified in section 3.7.1.  [JAV03070501] Note that this means it is impossible to override the qualified formDefault and render individual properties in an unqualified fashion.

2.     whenever the classes in this package are passed to any of the XSDHelper.generate methods, a Java implementation of SDO MUST include the corresponding attributes on the <schema> element of the generated XSD.  [JAV03070502]

@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)

@Target(ElementType.PACKAGE)

public @interface SdoSchemaOptions {

        public enum XsdForm {QUALIFIED, UNQUALIFIED};

        XsdForm elementFormDefault() default XsdForm.UNQUALIFIED;

        XsdForm attributeFormDefault() default XsdForm.UNQUALIFIED;

}

3.6.6 @SdoXmlProperty

This annotation is used to specify how the property is rendered in XML.  The “nodeType” member can used to specify whether properties should be rendered as attributes or as elements, or whether the default rules given in the SDO core specification should apply.  A Java implementation of SDO MUST respect the @SdoXmlProperty.nodeType member if specified on a datatype property.  [JAV03060601]  The “name” member allows the specification of an XML name that differs from the SDO name of the property.  A Java implementation of SDO MUST respect the @SdoXmlProperty.name member.  [JAV03060602]  If the member is left out or set to an empty string, a Java implementation of MUST render the property using its SDO name. [JAV03060603]  The “uri” member controls the namespace which the property value will be serialized.  In this way, it is possible to specify that, in XML, namespace of the property differs from the namespace of the type (as would occur if the property were defined through an xs:ref element).  Specifying the URI associated with the containing type indicates that the property should be rendered in qualified form.  A Java implementation of SDO MUST respect the @SdoXmlProperty.uri member if explicitly specified to a non-empty string. The behavior when the member is left blank or set to an empty string depends on the formDefault specified for the package (see section 3.7.5).

    @Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
    @Target(@Target({ElementType.METHOD,   ElementType.FIELD})
    public @interface SdoXmlProperty {

       public enum XmlNodeType {ATTRIBUE,ELEMENT,DEFAULT};

       XmlNodeType nodeType() default XmlNodeType.DEFAULT;
        String name() default "";
        String uri() default "";
    }

I would like to add the following to the SDO Core Spec.  I’m not so sure about the last line… do we want to use this property to specify the form, or only the URI?  If we go with the proposal here, we should also change the Java spec (section 3.6.6).

  1. The table in section 8.2 should contain a new line:

xmlPropertyUri

URI String

Property

  1. Add the following text to the end of section 8.2 (the text is more or less the same as for the java annotation

The xmlPropertyURI  controls the namespace of the element or attribute under which the property value will be serialized.  In this way, it is possible to specify that, in XML, namespace of the property differs from the namespace of the type (as would occur if the property were defined through an xs:ref element).  Leaving this property unset, or setting it to an empty string causes the property to be rendered in “unqualified” form.  By setting the xmlPropertyURI to be the same as the URI of the containing type, the user can make the XML form of the  property  qualified.  An Implementation of SDO MUST respect the xmlPropertyURI attribute when rendering DataObjects in XML. [COR0802xxxxx]