sdo message

Subject: ISSUE 99: Error in allocating SDO Type for elements withnillable=true

Hi everyone.

The problem description is here:  http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/SDO-99

In the current WD, the problem is in the table in section 7.4.2, in the block “Element with nillable”.  There are a lot of editorial issues with this text, for instance, the reference to Java types does not really belong in the core spec. but more substantively:  the issue boils down to the problem that “xsi:nillable” is on properties, but “sdo:nullable” is on types.  If you have a type that is defined as being an unboxed primitive value,  we can’t simply change the type’s definition because it’s used in a nillable property.  (I hope we all agree here).

In my opinion there are 4 possibilities.
  1. We ignore the xsi:nillable
  2. We use a SDO primitive object type (IntObject), and use the type referenced in the XSD as the XmlType only.
  3. We use wrapper objects.
  4. We defer the issue

I prefer option 3 and volunteer to write it up, if we get approval for the approach on today’s call.

Ron