sdo message

Subject: SDO & JavaOne

Hello All,

For those attending JavaOne this year, I have found the following SDO related talks:

Tuesday
08:00AM -09:00AM - Data Binding Unleashed for Composite Applications (Tuscany)
  • Data bindings such as JAXB, SDO, DOM, and JSON denote how business data is represented. Collaborating components in a composite application often need to use different data bindings as required by the business logic or protocol stacks. Apache Tuscany provides a framework that allows mixing and matching of data bindings so...

Wednesday
01:00PM -02:00PM - Effective XML: Leveraging JAXB and SDO (My talk)
  • JSR 222, Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB), and JSR 235, Service Data Objects (SDO), define object-XML binding APIs that target distinct application use cases. Having two "competing" specifications raises a number of questions for developers. Which API should be used? If, and when, does it make sense to use both...
-Blaise