search-ws-comment message

Subject: Re: [search-ws-comment] Relative/Variable Dates in CQL

Hello Tim -

First let me address the "where to have this discussion" question.  I have
had this conversation before with OASIS officials, about the purpose of this
listserv -  is it a discussion list or simply a place to register comments -
and I haven't really gotten a satisfactory answer, because, I think it is
both.  There are two other possibilities besides here.

First, if you are or your company is an OASIS member (i.e. either you an
individual member  or your company a corporate member) then you can join the
committee (as an observer if you prefer, or an active member) and
participate directly in the discussion on the committee listserv.

Another possibility, if this conversation is about SRU/CQL in general and
not specific to the version 2.0 in development, then the appropriate place
for this discussion would be on the SRU listserv.  See
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/community/listserv.html

And I think your question is more along the general lines.  We can discuss
this here if you prefer but I suggest that you subscribe to the SRU list and
post this question and I think it will generate alot of discussion.   If you
do, we will register the result of that discussion here, since we are
obligated to resolve questions and issues posted here.

Thanks.

--Ray