search-ws-comment message

Subject: Re: [search-ws-comment] Facet ranges in SRU 2.0

The publishedLastWeek etc. are nothing more than date range attributes using a special local value. The server would interpret what this means.. The client, by contrast, just sees the value.. and can use it.. In that sense it nothing really different from a search restriction to those records whose value of some field contains a term..

We have, for instance, bib.date.published=2010
we can also have bib.date.published=lastWeek

Its up to your server to understand what the date "lastWeek" (or "Last Week" or "This Week" or .. .) means and do the right thing.. just as it needs to go the right thing when it see a date encoded in an ISO 8601 format.. [as a side note: in my date parser I did implement a set of names for dates and ranges for reasons of utility]

From the view of facets there is no difference..

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:34:40 +0200, Edo Plantinga wrote

--

Edward C. Zimmermann, NONMONOTONIC LAB
http://www.nonmonotonic.net