search-ws-comment message

Subject: RE: Proposal to remove facet range feature from SRU 2.0

Good to see Ray's proposal, needless to say I agree.

However, in my opinion the 2.0 specs should mention the alternative
mechanism: the *server-defined* facet ranges (only *client-defined*
facet ranges are dropped according to Ray's proposal). Ideally there
would also be an example of how the server-client interaction messages
are handled (such as in Edward's recent post to this mailing list).
Otherwise people may conclude that facet ranges are not possible in SRU,
which is not the case.

Regards,

Edo