search-ws-comment message

Subject: RE: [search-ws-comment] RE: Proposal to remove facet range feature from SRU 2.0

Edo - Again I think we're not completely clear about your index model.

If you have an index/facet 'publicationDate', it could have terms like:
'lastWeek', 'thisWeek',  .... or it could be an index of dates.   But it
can't be both.

So when you suggested (several messages ago):

"bib.date.published=lastWeek Its up to your server to understand what the
date "lastWeek" (or "Last Week" or "This Week" or .. .) means and do the
right thing...."

... that raised some questions. To start:  Do you have an index,  with a
name like 'publicationDate' (it doesn't matter what it's called) with terms
like 'lastWeek', 'thisWeek'  .... AND for each term, an index by that name
with associated dates.  So for example if there were a term 'lastWeek' in
the index 'publicationDate' then there would be an index 'lastWeek' whose
terms are all dates, from last week.

Is this your model?

--Ray