search-ws-comment message

Subject: RE: [search-ws-comment] RE: Proposal to remove facet range feature from SRU 2.0

Everyone, this  discussion needs to CC the public comments list:  search-ws-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

--Ray

From: LeVan,Ralph [mailto:levan@oclc.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:25 PM
To: Edward C. Zimmermann; Edo Plantinga
Cc: Robert van de Rijt; Denenberg, Ray

Sorry, I don’t see the issue here.  There is a long tradition of a display form separate from the value.  HTML lists clearly make the distinction.  In Scan, we wanted to be able to display, for instance, a Name to the user, but return an LCCN.  So, the displayTerm is different from the value element.  I’m proposing the same capability.

Ralph