search-ws-comment message

Subject: RE: [search-ws-comment]Forms versus Scan and Facet // was: ....

I think we are in agreement that rangeFacets look just like regular
facets now.  The only issue we are debating is whether there should be a
form of the facet term sent to the client for display only and not to be
returned ever to the server.  If we agree that <query> and <requestURL>
are redundant and can be ignored for the purposes of our discussion,
then is the single subelement <actualTerm> of <term> sufficient for all
purposes?

As for an example:
<facet>
  <facetDisplayLabel> Co-Authors </facetDisplayLabel>
  <facetDescription> Other authors this author worked with
</facetDescription>
  <index> bib.lccn </index>
  <relation>=</relation>
  <terms>
    <term>
      <actualTerm>n201012345</actualTerm>
      <displayTerm>Ralph LeVan</actualTerm>
      <count>12 </count>
      </term>
    </terms>
  </facet>

In this example, there is no index that supports looking up names.
There is only an LCCN index.  LCCN is worthless for display to the user.

Ralph