search-ws-comment message

Subject: Re: [search-ws-comment] SRU/CQL: clarification about fatal diagnostics

Hi,

Am 14.06.2012 15:31, schrieb LeVan,Ralph:
> In my implementation, if both the query and scanClause parms have
> been omitted, then the operation is Explain and they get an
> explainResponse with no diagnostics.

Ok, but what if, e.g. operation and version are nicely supplied by the
client, so the server could already know/infer, that the client wanted
to perform a specific operation?
Or, what if the client did everything correctly when submitting the
response, but a fatal error occurred while the server performs the
search request, e.g. a (temporary) internal error in the search engine
and the server wants to return a "info:srw/diagnostic/1.1" or
"info:srw/diagnostic/1.2" diagnostic?

Thanks and best regards,
 Oliver
--
Oliver Schonefeld
Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Zentrale Forschung