search-ws-comment message

Subject: RE: [search-ws-comment] SRU/CQL: clarification about fatal diagnostics

For the SRU case, see section 11 (of SRU 2.0) "Diagnostics". There are
surrogate and non-surrogate diagnostics, and there are fatal and non-fatal
diagnostics. But a fatal diagnostic (which is what we're talking about) is
always non-surrogate.

Surrogate diagnostics go in <records>,  non-surrogate in <diagnostics>, thus
fatal diagnostics go in <diagnostics>.

The scan case is simpler because all diagnostics are fatal (there is no
concept of surrogate diagnostic in scan) so they go in <diagnostics>

And as Ralph said, If you don't know the operation, then the  response is an
explainResponse.

--Ray

Mannheim

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=search-