Subject: Search WS TC Document Available

I have created a strawman draft document,
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis-sru.pdf .

It is based on the SRU version 1.2 specifications at
http://www.loc.gov:8081/standards/sru which are proposed as input to the TC.

I would like to spend some time during the call on the 18th walking through
the specifications, both the web site and this document.  Not a technical
walkthrough, rather, more of an "organizational" walkthrough.  As the SRU
specs are currently spread across dozens of web pages, some (prospectively)
normative and others non-normative,  we want to begin thinking about how
they can best be consolidated into a single document - what's normative and
what isn't, what is the logical order for the various components of the
spec.

I don't suggest we spend an inordinate amount of time on this during the
first meeting, but I do think this merits 30 minutes (or more if time
permits).

(I would be glad to "upload" the document to OASIS if I could figure out
how.)

--Ray Denenberg