Subject: Use cases

During the conference call back in July, I said I'd
try and get some Use cases from people involved in
other services here at Mimas. Justin Hayes from
our Census Dissemination Unit came up with the
following two:

"I'm a medical researcher, and would like to be able to locate the
postcodes of residence of 5,000 people diagnosed with a particular form
of cancer within 2001 Census CAS wards in order to correlate incidence
of the disease with a variety of indicators derived from the 2001
Census, such as the Indices of Deprivation 2004."

"I'm an undergraduate studying geography, and would like to find
information that will allow me to investigate spatial patterns in the
proportions of the populations of wards in Birmingham who are from
different ethnic groups within several different age ranges.  I would
also like to find corresponding digital boundary data so that I can
produce some choropleth maps to accompany my research for my dissertation."

I've approached someone involved in Spatial datasets, but I
really need to back and have another chat.

Regards,

Ashley.
--
Ashley Sanders               a.sanders@manchester.ac.uk