Subject: Re: [search-ws] OpenSearch relationship to Search-WS

LeVan,Ralph wrote:
> What you're seeing is not very mature yet and is the topic of mild
> disagreement.  Some of us hope that we can actually hijack the
> opensearch spec and include it as part of SRU.  Others hope merely to be
> able to specify SRU servers in the opensearch spec.  It is awaiting
> further discussion.
>
> In the meantime, we're hoping that the threat of hijacking will get the
> attention of the opensearch developers and get them involved in our
> process.  Having put it that way, what we are doing is threatening to
> kidnap their child in the hope of getting them to like us.

This is very aptly put ;-)

> Doesn't seem like a good idea.

+1

There may be license issues as well. The current license is here:

<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/>

It requires that if we were to do what we are doing then our spec would
also be licensed under "creative commons" license. That may be
incompatible with OASIS policies.

ps: thanks for your patience with my numerous questions. There will be
fewer in a few days.

--
Regards,
Farrukh