Subject: [Issue] Search response can only return XML records

Currently a record within a Response can only contain an XML record.
There is no support for non-XML records. This is a significant limitation
within many standards I work with including ebXML RegRep and OGC Catalog.

I propose we allow for any type of records including binary content.
This can easily be done
using [XOP] spec. It can also be handled via an ATOM binding that simply
links to the non-XML
content via its HTTP URL.

--
Regards,