Subject: Re: [search-ws] [Issue] Encode operation in URL not URL option

Farrukh,

 >   * Avoid using URL options whenever information can be endcoded in
 >     URL (operation=)
>    * Avoid using verbs when we can use nouns (replace scan with terms)

Can you explain please what the above actually means? As far as I can
tell from your examples, all you have done is convert

     /sru?operation=scan

     /sru/terms?

And converted

     /voyager?operation=search

     /voyager/search?

Why is this an improvement? What are the advantages of encoding
urls your way as opposed to the old way?

Many thanks,

Ashley.
--
a.sanders@manchester.ac.uk     http://copac.ac.uk