Subject: RE: OASIS & SAIC - Search WS TC Release

Ray,
Excellent news! I'd be happy to prepare a press release.

Are there other companies we should be talking to about joining? Often, the
opportunity to be included in a press announcement is helpful in persuading
people to sign on. If you or other TC members have any recommendations, please
let us know, and we'd be happy to follow up.

Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress [mailto:rden@loc.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:22 AM
To: Carol Geyer
Cc: 'Patrick Gannon'; 'James Bryce Clark'; 'Scott McGrath'; m.dovey@jisc.ac.uk;
Mary McRae; search-ws@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Carol -

We do now have three Sponsor-level members (or "Sponsor-or-higher-level", as
one, IBM,  is a foundational member, I assume that counts):

1. Australian Department of Education, Science and Training (DEST)
2. IBM
3. Booz, Allen, Hamilton.

So a press release about the TC would be appropriate, and in fact timely.
Please see related message 'Search WS TC "Discussion Document" ' (which I am
posting concurrently).   A press release  could be coordinated with release
of our planned "Discussion Document".

Thanks.

--Ray