Subject: Re: [search-ws] [Issue] Need to support parameterized stored query invocation

I've skimmed through the document, and though I probably need to look at it
more carefully, I do have a couple initial observations.

First, it seems to me that Parameterized Query is easily realized via the
existing spec.

Consider the example request:
http://example.com/search?queryId=<someid>&name=japan

It could instead look like:
http://example.com/search?query=queryId=<someid>&20 and&20 name=japan....

and mean the same thing. That is, queryId can be defined as an abstract
index with semantics appropriate for parameterized query.

Next, table 1 makes some challengeable assertions:

- That CQL doesn't support keyword search. CQL certainly supports keyword
search

- That PQ Responses may include non-XML records in standard manner, while
with CQL it cannot.  The issues of PQ vs. CQL and binary representation are
orthogonal.

- That CQL expects the server to maintain state between client requests.
We've already established that this isn't true, and in any case, as above,
it is an orthogonal issue.

- PQ Supports ATOM Binding, while CQL doesn't.  Similarly orthogonal.

- Supports Open Search Binding.  Similarly.