Subject: RE: [search-ws] [Issue] Search response can only return XML records

> Not sure what you mean by a "record type".

OK, I mean we define a new Record Schema - called binary object, which
looks something like

<ns:binaryObject xmlmime:contentType="...">...</ns:binaryObject>

> If a record is supposed to carry, say, a
> photo,
> then the schema for that record will know that, and it will define the
> appropriate element(s), using the xmlmime namespace as above.  Why do
> we
> need to define anything?

It would cover the case when the record itself is binary object rather
than contains binary objects.

However, I agree, that I've not really seen a convincing use case for
when someone would really want to send back binary records rather than
records containing metadata and binary information.

Matthew