Subject: Re: [search-ws] [Issue] Search response can only return XML records

> OK, I mean we define a new Record Schema - called binary object, which
> looks something like
>
> <ns:binaryObject xmlmime:contentType="...">...</ns:binaryObject>

And this schema would in general not be used standalone but rather imported
into other schemas. Or we could just define it as an element in one of our
namespaces.

> > If a record is supposed to carry, say, a
> > photo,
> > then the schema for that record will know that, and it will define the
> > appropriate element(s), using the xmlmime namespace as above.  Why do
> > we
> > need to define anything?
>
> It would cover the case when the record itself is binary object rather
> than contains binary objects.

No I think it would serve either purpose.

So it seems to me that the entire problem is solved by defining this one
element (or schema).

What are we missing?