Subject: Re: [search-ws] issues list maintenance

Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:
> Farrukh set it up.
>
> Actually I think it's probably not a bad idea to have one person maintain
> it, might as well be Farrukh?

You need to login with your OASIS account info to have write access. All
TC members should have that privilege.
Based on my experience in other standards, it is better to have the
issue list updated by all team members (scales better).

> We shouldn't need to have much formality in
> approving an issue for the list, if you want an issue added, post the
> suggestion to the list and the maintainer should add it, unless he/she
> decides it conflicts or overlaps with another, and then we can have
> discussion.  If someone thinks it's not appropriate we can take it down
> later.

+1 on most of above except having centralized issue editor.

Starting a thread with appropriate title and once the issue has been
clarified documenting it makes sense.

> (Or do people think we should have a more formal procedure for adding
> issues?)

Informal but consistent with guidelines is much better.

> While we're at it, I think the suggestion to expose parameter names via
> explain, rather than have fixed parameter names, deserves its own "issue" on
> the list.
>
> So, Farrukh, please add:
>
> - Multiple Query Types
> - Parameter names: fixed or exposed

Again distributed editing model is what I suggest.
I would be glad to help Ralph do it if he has any problems.

Thanks.