Subject: RE: [search-ws] Scan: another approach

Mmmm, interesting - it also got me thinking. Essentially the information
we send on the request falls into three categories:

The query
Some positional information (startRecord, MaxRecords)
Some response formatting instructions (recordFormat, sort)

Can everything we send in a request be categorised as above?

If so, we could simplify our request into three parameters each
accepting a value which is in someway extensible.

So our requests may look something like:

http://myserver.com/sru?query=sru.CQL:dc.author=smith&positional=[sru.st
artRecord:1;sru.maximumRecords:10;myextension.stepping:2]&formatting=[sr
u.recordFormat=MODS;sru.sort=dc.author]

http://myserver.com/sru/query=sru.SCAN:dc.author%20any%20smith&positiona
l=[sru.startRecord:1;sru.maximumRecords:10]

Any comments?

Matthew

http://myserver.com/sru?operation=scan&version=1.2&scanClause=dc.title