Subject: Re: [search-ws] Scan: another approach

From: "LeVan,Ralph" <levan@oclc.org>
>Sorry, but startRecord and position are not the same thing.

They're not, if you insist on maintaining the existing Scan semantics.

> They look the same when you keep using the value 1, but when do a scan
asking for ten terms with my term in the 5th position,

My point is that you don't need to have separate sematical units for what
position  the anchor is and where you want to start.  If you always assume
the anchor is in position 1 you get the same functionality.

If we are going to go the radical route of combining the operations there
really isn't a need to retain this aspect of semantic compatibility, is
there?