Subject: RE: [search-ws] Say NO to mandatory Atom Feeds

I don't believe we have any conflict here.  I'm interested in the public
discussion of features, not comments on the draft.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 4:34 PM
To: 'Farrukh Najmi'; LeVan,Ralph
Cc: search-ws@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi everyone,

  First, let me say that I no idea what the "zng" list is, but Farrukh
is
absolutely right. All feedback to the TC from non TC members (which
includes
OASIS members who aren't active participants in this TC) must come
through the
official feedback mechanism, a/k/a the comment list
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=searc
h-ws).
The TC is free to solicit input from any groups it feels appropriate,
but such
messages should indicate that all response must be posted to the TC
comment
list.

  Typically feedback/comments are requested when a document is sent out
(by the
OASIS TC Administrator - me) for a public review period. Any comments
received
during a public review must be logged and their resolution duly noted.
Comments
received at other times do not require logging or a response, although
most TCs
choose to do so.

From Section 2.8 of the TC Process:
" The purpose of the TC's public comment facility is to receive comments
from
the public and is not for public discussion. Comments shall be publicly
archived, and shall be forwarded to one or more Members of the TC
including the
TC Chair. TCs shall not be required to respond to comments. Comments to
the TC
made by Members of the TC must be made via the TC general email list,
and
comments made by non-TC members, including from the public, must be made
via the
TC's comment facility. Comments shall not be accepted via any other
means."

  Please feel free to contact me should you have further questions or
need
assistance.

All the best,

Mary