Subject: Re: [search-ws] DRAFT Message about moving discussion to OASIS list

But the discussion *is* about the document. The document represents the
standard we're developing. The standard development is an OASIS activity.
The individual issues we're discussion are in the context of that document,
which represents the current state of SRU and is also a strawman
document/starting point for the development of the standard, so in that
sense these discussion items are proposals for changes to the document.

If we frame this as a "discussion of the future of SRU" then we're selling
this effort short.  We need to get more people into the discussion, people
outside the SRU community. Otherwise it will be the whole group ganging up
on Farrukh repeatedly.

I suspect that one of the reasons others are not jumping in is that there is
no activity in the discussion list. There are no messages posted (except one
test message).

We need to invite experts into this discussion, to defend positions that
SRU-oriented people oppose. Otherwise the discussion becomes incestuous. it
already has.  Inviting them to participate on the SRU list is not likely to
be as successful as inviting them to participate on the more-neutral OASIS
discussion list.

--Ray