Subject: Groups - Search WS TC Call modified

Minutes added.

 -- Ray Denenberg

Search WS TC Call has been modified by Ray Denenberg

Date:  Thursday, 28 February 2008
Time:  09:00am - 10:00am ET

Event Description:
Toll-free number: 888-448-7101
International Dial-In: See http://www.intercall.com/sprintservices/SPCIntlAccessNumber.pdf

Participant code:7646073

Host: Ralph

Agenda:
1.  Role Call

2. (Ray) Abstract Protocol Definition and SRU 1.2 Binding
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/download.php/27146/sws-core-2-11.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/download.php/27149/sws-sru1-2-2-11.doc
 What further additions/changes are needed in order to progress these two to committee drafts?

3. (Ray) Opensearch Binding.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/download.php/27293/opensearch%20binding.doc
What is our stragety for moving this along?

4. (Rob) SRU 2.0
Strategy for moving this along

5. (Ashley/Ralph/Rob) Description Language

6.  (Ray) Rearrage Parameters tables.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/email/archives/200802/msg00015.html

7. Review Timetable

8. Next steps

9. Possible face-to-face meeting

10. Next Meeting

11. Any other business

Minutes:
*******Role call
 Present -  Ashley, Larry, Ray, Rob, Janifer, Ralph. Six of seven voting members, Quorum.

The set of core documents is:
1.	Abstract Protocol Definition (APD)
2.	SRU 1.2 Binding
3.	CQL 1.2
4.	Description
5.	OpenSearch
6.	SRU 2.0

The target date for first public drafts of these is early April. The first three will be Committee Drafts. The latter three are not expected to be mature enough at that point to be committee drafts, but it is important to release them in whatever form the are at that point, because it is necessary to expose all six of these documents as a set, in order to present a coherent picture of what we are trying to do.

*******Abstract Protocol Definition and SRU 1.2 Binding
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/download.php/27146/sws-core-2-11.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/download.php/27149/sws-sru1-2-2-11.doc
Members will review again to see if there are any further additions/changes needed, but these two documents are near ready to progress to committee drafts.

The parameter tables will be re-arranged as described in:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/email/archives/200802/msg00015.html

*******Opensearch Binding

Janifer will take over the document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/download.php/27293/opensearch%20binding.doc

Well drop the openSearch specifications that are currently in the document.  There should be a description of how an openSearch description maps to our explain description. Ralph will write this up. Jan will work with Ralph.  Jan will revise the current document, water it down, illustrate that all of openSearch is covered by what were doing. Ralph will describe the mechanics. Jan will also enter parameters/elements in her data element database, both for the abstract elements and for openSearch.  Whether there will be a formal binding from APD to OpenSearch is undecided.

*******SRU 2.0

We need a document for the initial release that simply shows that  SRU 2.0 is on the drawing board, and lists or diagrams some of the changes contemplated. Essentially a strawman discussion document with ideas.  Rob will have a draft by March 24.

******Description Language

Ashley will take over the description document. Will try to produce a draft for discussion prior to the next meeting.

******Timetable/tasks/next steps/etc

We will skip the next scheduled meeting, as we all have a lot of work to do and there wont be much to discuss in two weeks.

Ray will prepare the APD and SRU 1.2 Binding as drafts for final review, and also prepare a draft CQL 1.2 document (which will be a straightforward rendering of the CQL sections of the discussion document released several months ago) and those three documents will subsequently be prepared as Committee Drafts in early April.

The Description, OpenSearch, and SRU 2.0 documents will probably not be prepared as Committee Drafts until later, but will be released as discussion documents along with the three Committee Drafts, so there will be a package of six core documents released in early April.

*******Possible face-to-face meeting

June 23-24 is tentatively set for a face-to-face meeting.

*******Next Meeting

March 27, 0800 ET.   Note both date and time.   We are skipping the meeting scheduled for March 13, and we are moving the March 27 meeting to one hour earlier.

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Thursday, 20 December 2007, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 03 January 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 17 January 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 31 January 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 14 February 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 13 March 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 27 March 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 10 April 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 24 April 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Thursday, 08 May 2008, 09:00am to 10:00am ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=17241

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20080228T000000Z
DTSTART:20080228T140000Z
DTEND:20080228T150000Z
SEQUENCE:9
SUMMARY:Search WS TC Call
  http://www.intercall.com/sprintservices/SPCIntlAccessNumber.pdf\n\nParticipant
  code:7646073\n\nHost: Ralph\n\nGroup: OASIS Search Web Services
  TC\nCreator: Ray Denenberg
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=17241
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=17241
END:VEVENT