Subject: Groups - Conference Call modified

Minutes added.

 -- Ray Denenberg

Conference Call has been modified by Ray Denenberg

Date:  Wednesday, 27 August 2008
Time:  09:30am - 10:30am ET

Event Description:
Toll-free number: 888-448-7101
International Dial-In: See http://www.intercall.com/sprintservices/SPCIntlAccessNumber.pdf

Participant code:7646073 (initiator add 8984)

Host: Ralph

Agenda:
1. Roll Call

2. SRU/CQL 2.0

3. Description language.

4. OGC meeting.

5. LOM requirements.

6. Other business.

7. Next meeting.

Minutes:
 1. Role Call
Present: Ralph, Ashley, Larry, Ray, Rob, Janifer
Absent:  Kerry, Matthew

6 present of 8 members. Quorum.

2. SRU/CQL 2.0
Ray will post message to SRU implementors inviting participation in the development of 2.0.  A draft message was posted to TC yesterday. Rob suggests a change to the proximity item (Rob will send rewording to Ray) and an item about alternative response format (e.g. ATOM) will be added.  Note will indicate that Rob will take the lead on this initiative. (Rob is tied up until end of September and we will cover for him until then.)

3. Description Language
Similarly, will post message to SRU implementors inviting participation in the development of the description language.  A draft message was posted to TC this morning.   Note will inticate that Ashley will take the lead on this initiative, and that Ralph, Larry, Rob, and Janifer will participate.  Ashley will follow-up with a note next week.

4. OGC Requirements
Ray posted an informal document list, background material for the OGC meeting September 15, less than three weeks away.  SWS TC members are encouraged to look at the documents (the material is overwhelming, but it may be worthwhile to skim it to see what is relevant) and we can discuss the application further next call, in particular, what OGC requirements are relevant to our efforts, both query language and protocol.   Ralph noted that it appears as if much of the substantive work that they have done (recently) is on an Opensearch extension, and it is important that they understand that Opensearch gives them virtually no query capability, nothing more that a list of terms. If they want structure or context, they won't get it. As a protocol, Opensearch doesn't provide much capability either: no ability to specify an alternative response format, or a record schema, for example.

Anyway, this is an opportunity to get the OGC people involved in our work, which helps both us and them - it helps us by widening the scope of our work and it helps them by providing a forum to get their requirements standardized.

5. LOM Requirements
Kerry needs to be involved in this discussion and she is not on the call. Janifer will contact her to see if there has been any movement on this.

6. Other Business.
None.

7. Next Call

September 8.

Rob and Ralph not available.  If by mid to end of next week it looks as if either there will not be a quorum, or that there isn't anything to be accomplished, the call will be cancelled.

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=19079

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20080827T000000Z
DTSTART:20080827T133000Z
DTEND:20080827T143000Z
SEQUENCE:4
SUMMARY:Conference Call
  http://www.intercall.com/sprintservices/SPCIntlAccessNumber.pdf\n\nParticipant
  code:7646073 (initiator add 8984)\n\nHost: Ralph\n\nGroup: OASIS
  Search Web Services TC\nCreator: Ray Denenberg
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=19079
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=19079
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR