Subject: RE: [search-ws] Three things

> So if someone wants MODS records, but just "title" and "author", how
do
> you suggest that would be requested?

I don't want that feature.  It would require considerable additional
complexity in the explain record.  We'd end up needing something like
XPath to let the clients specify the elements they want.  Just too darn
ugly.

If you have a customer with a regular need for that particular pair of
element, create a new schema with just those elements and let the client
pick that.

> "3) 'window 'relation.  Absolutely not."
>
> Why?

It's so complicated that no two people could ever agree what the queries
meant.  That second example make me want to weep.

Ralph