Subject: record packing in SRU 2.0

We decided a couple months ago to drop the feature "Allow Non-XML Record
Representations" since we can do that already without an additional feature.
However there had been discussion of expanding the role of recordPacking,
and that seems to have gone away, along with the non-XML proposal.
In the message;
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/email/archives/200808/msg00009.html

"1. Allow Non-XML Record Representations
Many formats do not map easily into XML, for example multimedia, images, and
even complex text formats. Allow non-xml serialized data in the response, or
value by reference. These would be signaled by additional values for the
recordPacking parameter. For example   recordPacking="base64" or
recordPacking="uri"  "

Should we still extend recordPacking so that additional values can be added?
What about 'uri', when the record consists only of a URI pointing to the
actual record?