Subject: Re: [search-ws] result analysis

Turning the question around a bit ...... is it useful to have a response
element <resultAnalysis> (whether it has facet information or not)?
Subquery information would be one of the things that could be included.
Another would be resultPrecision.   These would be presented according to a
schema, and there could be alternative schemas developed. (This would be
similar to the facet information.)

The alternative is to have a separate <facetInformation> element, another
element for <resultPrecision> and subqueryInformation could be relegated to
an extension.

However:
1. resultPrecision appears to be a complex element that might warrant the
flexibility of a schema.

2. if we relegate something to an extension, then we are in effect exiling
it to obscurity.  The question is, is subquery analysis important?  There
are some Z39.50 servers that support it, but they can't do anything useful
with it because it is only supported via the searchResult-1 extension, which
isn't very well supported by clients, because extensions in general are not
supported. If there are search engines that can readily supply subquery
information, and if we think that it is useful, why not put support for it
into SRU?

--Ray