Subject: Groups - SWS Call modified

Minutes posted.

 -- Ray Denenberg

SWS Call has been modified by Ray Denenberg

Date:  Monday, 09 February 2009
Time:  09:00am - 10:00am ET

Event Description:
Will post call in information by private email to the usual participants. If you are not a "usual participant" and want to join the call, contact me rden@loc.gov or 202-707-5795.

Agenda:
1. Roll Call
2. Approve agenda.
3. Draft 2 of SRU 2.0.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/31103/sru-2-0-V1.0%20second%20draft.doc
4. Next steps.
5. Other business.
6. Next call.

Minutes:
Present: Ralph, Matthew, Larry, Ray, Jannifer, Kerry

1.  Facet request parameters.

 - Lower case 'f' to begin all facet parameters.
- Negative integer to indicate "no limit"  (rather than an arbitrarily large number, or non-integer symbol).
- Add specific type, specific term.
- Change sorting syntax so it's more like the sorting syntax used for result sets.
- Date: don't single out date as the only range facet. There could be many other indexes where you would want impose range filtering, e.g. population of countries; price of books.  Drop date and replace with start and end ranges.

2.  Mime type for SRU: sru+xml

3. Result count precision.
Since the value can be either a URI, or a non-URI string  in which case it is assumed to be prefixed by 'info:srw/resultCountPrecision/1/', we need to ensure that these two cases can be distinguished.   So we need to be clear that for any private value (any value not on the standard list) the parameter value must be a URI.  (We must also take care to ensure that we don't assign any standard values that include a colon.)

4. Endpoints
Certain instances of "should" should be capitalized. For example in 6.1
"But for version 2.0, there should be separate endpoints, for example:"

"should" should be "SHOULD".

5. Facet Results

Change C.1 from a scenario to a description, and move the entire annex to the body. Thus consolidate facet parameters and facet results into a single section on facets.   In both cases (request parameters and results) these are facets specific to CQL.

6. Scan

Ray will draft a Scan document.

7. Explain

Ralph and Janifer will  begin work on an Explain document.

Next call:  Will be March 2.

Thus we will skip the scheduled February 23 call.   There will be no call on March 9, so the subsequent call will likely be March 23.

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 12 January 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 26 January 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 23 February 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 09 March 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 23 March 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 06 April 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 20 April 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 04 May 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 18 May 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET
Monday, 01 June 2009, 09:00am to 10:00am ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=22126

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20090211T000000Z
DTSTART:20090209T140000Z
DTEND:20090209T150000Z
SEQUENCE:6
SUMMARY:SWS Call
  participants. If you are not a "usual participant" and want to join
  the call\, contact me rden@loc.gov or 202-707-5795.\n\nGroup: OASIS
  Search Web Services TC\nCreator: Ray Denenberg
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=22126
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/event.php?event_id=22126
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR