Subject: RE: [search-ws] Fw: Advice needed on federated search

Unless all those diverse systems he is trying to integrate have similar functionality and indexing, he's going to have to be happy with lowest common denominator searching, which is pretty much OpenSearch.  Anything above lowest common denominator is going to involve gateway layers and the explicit exposure and search mechanisms that SRU provide.

Ralph