Subject: Re: [search-ws] Another Kind of Facet?

Kneejerk reaction: the data model of SRU certainly only had a single
data source, and differences between component data sources were not
scoped. Rather than build in a notion of constituent data sources as a
primitive in the source spec, and messing it up, I would be far more
comfortable with "data source" being just another facet specified by
the query server, as  a best practice.

I don't see how SRU URLs of databases belongs to facet queries: this
is metadata about facets, but the query response should be
presupposing the existence of facets, not explaining them. That's the
business of an Explain function, really.

--
  Dr Nick Nicholas: Link Affiliates    opoudjis@optushome.com.au
http://www.opoudjis.net                          skype:opoudjis