Subject: keywords index

My notes from the call suggest that I should poll implementors (SRU and Z39.50 lists) about the usefullness of a "keywords" index, and what they think actually means.

On reflection, I think we should just drop it.  There is no keyword index in Z39.50, and none in CQL 1.1 (it was introduced in 1.2).   Initiating a discussion would just raise alot of noise.

It occurs to me that, while keywords is not the same as serverChoice,  a server could treat a serverChoice  request as a keyword search (by definition of serverChoice: it can choose to treat it any way it wants). So the question would be, under what circumstance would a client ask specifically for a keyword search rather than serverChoice?

I propose we drop keywords.