Subject: RE: [search-ws] allIndexes, anywhere, anyIndexes, and serverChoice

I’m happy with keeping allIndexes and serverChoice.

Ralph

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress [mailto:rden@loc.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 9:50 AM
To: search-ws@lists.oasis-open.org

We had discussion at the last call about the these indexes - -
allIndexes, anywhere, anyIndexes, and serverChoice.    There was confusion and I said I'd look  into it.  I've figured out what's going on.

allIndexes says: "alias:anywhere"

anywhere is not defined separately, and allIndexes was not defined in version 1.1

So the intent was to *rename* "anywhere" as "allIndexes".   The aliasing was for historical purposes.

Same situation for anyIndexes and serverChoice.

The intent was to rename serverChoice as anyIndexes.

Suggestions:

1. Adopt the first change as intended and replace "anywhere" with "allIndexes".

2. We could also define "anywhere" separately, so that it includes non-indexed content.  Opinions?

3.  Choose between serverChoice  and  anyIndexes and strike any reference to the other. I'm happy retaining serverChoice and striking anyIndexes, but either would be fine.