Subject: RE: [search-ws] recordPacking: No Schema Change Required

I'm not sure that recordFormat is the right name.  This is not about how
records appear, but about the complete response.  I suggest that we call
it 'responseSchema'.  Its semantic is that it names the content to be
returned.

A problem with the new responseSchema parm is that its potential values
are constrained by the media-type that it is associated with.  We're
going to have to add a media-types section to Explain (necessary anyway)
and within that, list the responseSchemas available.  There will be an
implicit default text/xml media-type with a default value of
searchRetrieveResponse associated with SRU Explain records.

<mediaTypeInfo>
    <mediaType value="application/json">
        <responseSchema name="unpacked"
identifier="http://nature.com/responseSchemas/unpacked";>
            <title>JSON with SRU record element data added</title>
            </responseSchema>
        </mediaType>
    </mediaTypeInfo>

I'm not going to be horrified to discover that we need to add
recordSchema as a sub-element of mediaType too.

Ralph