Subject: Re: [search-ws] recordPacking: No Schema Change Required

Yes, it really is about the entire response, however the effect on the
entire response may be  affected (i.e. may vary according to) the specfic
record schema.

How about responseSubSchema?  The protocol itself would not define any
values, or maybe just one or so, and it would be up to someone who defines a
response format to  say "if xyz is specified for the value of
responseSubSchema then that means that the following variation of this
format is desired".  Or

"if xyz is specified for the value of responseSubSchema, and if DC is
specified for recordSchema, then ...; but if xyz is specified and if MODS is
specified for recordSchema, then ..."

--Ray

----- Original Message -----
From: "LeVan,Ralph" <levan@oclc.org>
To: "Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress" <rden@loc.gov>; "OASIS SWS TC"
<search-ws@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:51 PM

I think we need to back up and try again.  We seem to be disagreeing on
the fundamental issue of what is being described here.  To me this is
clearly not about record schemas because the change is to the entire
response, not just the record part.

I think we need to understand the actual requirement better.  But, I
think we've made good progress here.

Ralph

TC"