Subject: Re: [search-ws] Fw: use of OpenSearch

Ray -

Thanks!

Carl

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:20 PM

Well if you look at sections 2 and 3, and I suppose 4 as well (examples), that, as we see it, IS the OpenSearch spec.  However, parts of that are OUR interpretation of the spec as it is provided at http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/1.1/Draft_3.  In other word we found parts of that spec to be ambiguous so we provided our interpretation. (Hence "codify".) There certainly has been no attempt on our part to change the spec, and if there are any deviations it is due to our misinterpretation. We solicited review of this from the OpenSpec community (posted to the list) and we will do it again when we get another draft out.

--Ray