Subject: OpenSearch SRU Extension Added to OpenSearch.Org

Hi:

I just added the OpenSearch SRU extension to the opensearch.org site. See
mail ccc'ed below:

http://bit.ly/4Wj03y

http://groups.google.com/group/opensearch/browse_thread/thread/c4d7fe0c2abf3
309/a0bf25d89332a22c?hl=en#a0bf25d89332a22c

I raised some questions about placement and visibility of the extension. I
also withdrew the "deprecated" labels.

This anyway is still labelled a draft (not least because the SRU 2.0 spec is
still in draft form and parameters are in flux) but at least now is properly
open to review.

Let me know if there are any changes we should add at this time.

Cheers,

Tony

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tony Hammond <tony.hamm...@gmail.com>
Date: Nov 30, 12:52 pm
Subject: Draft OpenSearch Extension for SRU
To: OpenSearch

Hi DeWitt:

Thanks for that invite to add in our proposal. I thus went ahead and
added the draft proposal for the SRU extension to the site. I added
this under "Extension proposals from the Community", but was a little
unclear as to the proper division between the extensions, see below:

==

Draft extension specifications

    * OpenSearch Referrer extension
    * OpenSearch Relevance extension
    * OpenSearch Parameter extension
    * OpenSearch Suggestions extension
    * OpenSearch Geo extension (Draft)
    * OpenSearch Time extension (Draft)

Extension proposals from the Community

    * OpenSearch Advertisement extension (Draft)
    * OpenSearch Commerce extension (Draft)
    * OpenSearch Mobile extension (Draft)
    * OpenSearch Spelling extension (Draft)
    * OpenSearch SRU extension (Draft)

==

Also I note that on the home page the Draft extension specifications
are specifically listed and not the Community proposals and that the
Draft extensions are not updated (e.g. Geo is listed and Time is not,
and also Geo is listed ahead of the other extensions, e.g. Referrer,
Relevance, etc.). Am wondering if that page should be updated to
either list all extensions or to explicitly link to both the Draft
extensions *and* the Community proposals and not list the Draft
extensions as such.

I think we are good with the proposed namespace (as long as that is
acceptable to the  Community) and also the license terms.

I removed the wording about deprecating three of the SRU parameters
(which I only intended to be "deprecated" within an OpenSearch
context) and instead left the implementation note about not using
these parameters (or using advisedly) within an OpenSearch template.

Perhaps I should add one or sentences by way of introduction to SRU,
and also there is still some flux in terms of the final SRU 2.0
parameter set. Hence this proposal is marked "Draft".

We would still welcome any feedback on developing this further.

Cheers,

Tony

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept
liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not
expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or one of its agents.
Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents
accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail or
its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Macmillan
Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail communication. Macmillan
Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 785998
Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XS