Subject: Fw: [search-ws-comment] Suggestions

Nobody has responded to this yet.  Perhaps we could briefly kick this idea
around a bit among us?  The suggestion is that the protocol supply a way for
the server to suggest alternatives when the query results in no hits.  (He
says "query fails" but I think he means the query failed to locate any
recorrds.)  Would it be a good idea to incorporate a first class parameter
like the one he suggests? (Rahter than relegate this to an extension.)

--Ray

----- Original Message -----
From: "Willem Jan Faber" <WillemJan.Faber@KB.nl>
To: <search-ws-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 11:21 AM
Subject: [search-ws-comment] Suggestions

Hi all,

I'm currently prototyping a new SRU server for the KB, and looking at
the new specifications for SRU,
I could not find anything which gives a suggestion to the user after the
query has failed.

What I did was add an extraResponseData field which give's out a clue to
the user : 'did u mean ?'

<srw:extraResponseData>
<suggestions>
<suggestionfor>deeelderr</suggestionfor>
<suggestion>deelder</suggestion>
<suggestion>feelders</suggestion>
<suggestion>dukeelder</suggestion>
<suggestion>deelde</suggestion>
</suggestions>
</srw:extraResponseData>

(Currently I'm using the SpellCheckComponent from SOLR to generate these
result's)

Are there any idea's where this should fit in the new SRU standards ?

All the best,

Willem Jan Faber.

--
Research & Development || Koninklijke Bibliotheek, national library of
The Netherlands

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Search Web Services TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
before posting.

Subscribe: search-ws-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org