Subject: RE: [search-ws] nextRecordPosition or nextResultSetPosition

My code, compiled from the WSDL, has it as nextRecordPosition.

Ralph

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress [mailto:rden@loc.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:07 PM
To: OASIS SWS TC

In SRU the response element  - nextRecordPosition or nextResultSetPosition - which is it?

It certainly was the latter in Z39.50, but it takes both forms in SRU.  I am losing my recollection on this. I suspect we made a conscious decision to change it to nextRecordPosition when we went to SRU from Z39.50, as it seems that the spec at LC is fairly consistently nextRecordPosition,  however, nextResultSetPosition seems to have crept into the draft spec, both 1.2 and 2.0.

Can we be fairly confident that this is simply an editorial error and all occurrences of nextResultSetPosition should be nextRecordPosition?