Subject: Fw: Tag for returning url to detail record

I propose that we kick Ralph's idea  (that he posted to sru) around here a bit.   Here we don't have to put up with Mike Taylor.

Might we want to consider, within application/sru+xml, allowing   foreign (namespaced) elements, ignorable.  At the response level?  <records> level?  <record> level?

--Ray

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: Tag for returning url to detail record

I think there are a few elements in the <recordData> that could be promoted up to the <record> element.

I’m trying to build RSS feeds from SRU responses.  There are a number of elements in an RSS entry that would be easier to populate if they were treated as distinguished data and in the <record> element itself.  I’m thinking of things like author, title, recordIdentifier and link elements.  Naturally, they’d be optional elements.

I’ve not proposed them openly on the SRU editorial list, but I’d be glad to do that if there was some support for doing that from the implementors.

Any suggestions for other elements would be appreciated.  I’d prefer not to just drop the complete DC list in, but wouldn’t be astonished if there was popular support for the idea.

Sorry, Jörg, but that wouldn’t fix your problem in the near-term.

Ralph