Subject: Re: [search-ws] defaultfor sortBy for the facetSort parameter

Let me clarify the question, as sortBy is required if the facetSort parameter is supplied so it is not applicable to ask what the default should be. What I meant to ask is what is the default sort order if the facetSort parameter is not supplied? Or is this in Explain?

--Ray
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:39 PM

What should the default be for sortBy for the facetSort parameter?

    facetSort Parameter

The facetSort parameter is a sort specification for the facet results. It is non-repeatable, and has the following components.

·         sortBy. One of the following:

o        ‘recordCount’ (the number of records matching the facet value)

o        ‘alphanumeric‘

·         order.  Optional, one of:

o        ‘ascending’  (default for sortby=alphanumeric)

o        ‘descending’ (default for sortby=recordCount)

·         caseSensitivity. Optional, and meaningful only for ‘alphanumeric’.  One of:

o        ‘caseSensitive’

o        ‘caseInsensitive’ (default)