Subject: Re: [search-ws] Back to Record Packing

So, following up on yesterday's message ... according to this plan,
recordPacking would have these values:

- string
- xml
- loose
-strict

There are the following issues/notes.

- First of all, string and xml would apply only when the serialization is
xml. loose and strict would apply to any serialization.

- a value of string or xml (assuming an xml serialization) should not
preclude a value of loose or strict, that is, string vs. xml and loose vs.
strict are orthogonal.  This means that the parameter is repeatable, or can
occur zero to two times.
More precisely:
o For an XML serialization it may occur zero, one, or two times. If the
value 'string' is supplied then the value 'xml' may not be supplied, and if
the value 'loose' is supplied then the value 'strict' may not be supplied.
o For a non XML serialization it may occur zero or one time. Neither of the
values 'string' or 'xml' may  be supplied, and if the value 'loose' is
supplied then the value 'strict' may not be supplied.

- Finally,  the orthogonality seems to me to make this parameter/element
sematics overloaded and akward.

Nevertheless, I'm willing to go with this if everyone else is.   However I
need feedback on this soon, please.

--Ray