Subject: Re: [search-ws] recordPacking - A Proposal

Humpf. You are, of course, strictly correct.

But I would suggest that we are talking here about extension formats and for
transactions that want scientific verifiability they use the baseline SRU
format which is locked down with a schema. And that is what we in fact would
suggest using in a server to server context. (And hell, we are even doing
that internally ourselves with our Mobile App Server which is now targetting
our OpenSearch server as its data source. Yes, we are using SRU/XML.)

The open media type formats are by their very nature breezy alternatives. If
the trade for fidelity is agility then I would bend in that direction. But,
as I've said before, we are adhering to what is (or what we take to be)
reference versions. I don't see there is any real problem in the client
asking for server prepping - especially if that prepping is following a
known reference implementation.

Tony