Subject: RE: [search-ws] oasis xml namespace names

I’m opposed to this proposal.  It ends all backwards compatibility.

Ralph

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress [mailto:rden@loc.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:21 PM
To: OASIS SWS TC
Subject: [search-ws] oasis xml namespace names

I am going to have to change the namespace names in our schemas, according to OASIS rules.  See below.

I've tentatively changed them to:

xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/search-ws/sru-2-0-response"

xmlns:diag="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/search-ws/sru-2-0-diagnostic"

xmlns:facet="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/search-ws/sru-facetedResults"

xmlns:sra="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/search-ws/sru-searchResultAnalysis"

xmlns:xcql="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/search-ws/xcql"

Let me know if you see any problems with this. Or if you prefer different (base) names before these are cast in stone.

--Ray